Hunter-Gatherer Production Brewery at the historic Curtiss-Wright Hangar is located at 1402 Jim Hamilton Blvd, Columbia, SC 29205. We are across the street from City Roots farm. On the corner of Airport Blvd. and Jim Hamilton Blvd.
GOLDEN ALE 4.25%
A new HG beer featuring American hops and a blend of malted barley and malted wheat from England, Belgium and Germany.
PALE ALE 4.75%
Our Pale Ale has been on tap at 900 Main St. since 1995. Hops and malt from the best growing regions of England are essential to this nicely balanced ale.
SESSION IPA 4.5%
A hoppy beer for when you want more than one.
Brewers in England refer to malted barley as “the soul of beer”. The malted barley for our extra special bitter comes from Warminster, the oldest working maltings in England.
A rich and malty fest beer brewed in our German-Built brewhouse with Vienna and Munich malt.
DOUBLE IPA 7.75%
With over 5lbs of Cascade and Centennial hops per barrel, set this up to be an exceptional Double IPA.
X STOUT 4.25%
Our darkest ale is marked with a single X is for easy drinking.
Our newest IPA.
On top of our handmade dough and tomato sauce we add fresh mozzarella made right here in our kitchen daily and Genovese basil microgreens.
Plum tomato sauce, extra virgin olive oil and mozzarella with freshly sliced pepperoni, crafted in NC by the good folks at San Giuseppe Salami Company. Topping it all is a dusting of grated parmesan.
Perfect mix of savory goodness. Our robust tomato sauce topped with meaty oven roasted cremini mushrooms chunks, blended silky sweet caramelized onions and creamy whole milk fontina cheese.
SAUSAGE AND PEPPERS 10
San Giuseppe Salami Company’s sweet italian sausage link slices paired with oven roasted red and green bell peppers. Topped with whole milk mozzarella, and aged provolone cheese.
CHICKEN BACON RANCH 10
Herb cream sauce, topped with oven baked chicken, mozzarella, bacon cubes, and homemade buttermilk dressing.
Mexican style chorizo from Goldsboro NC, topped with homemade pickled jalapenos, red onions, and zesty lime cream.
LIL’ CHEESER 8
For the kid in you or maybe the kid at your table. A classic cheese pizza topped with whole milk mozzarella.
>>Make it with gluten free pizza crust for an additional 2 <<
THE HANGAR SALAD 7
Romaine lettuce, juicy cherry tomato halves and crunchy parmesan croutons. Tossed with a basil vinaigrette and topped with crumbled ricotta salata.
BLT SALAD 7
Slow roasted tomatoes, smokey cubes of Cheshire Smokehouse bacon, crisp chopped lettuce, croutons and creamy buttermilk dressing.
THE GREEK 7
Romaine lettuce, red onion, cucumbers, and crumbled feta cheese. Served with olive vinaigrette.
SOFT PRETZEL 7.5
Made from scratch each day, so supply is limited! Served up hot with Lusty Monk’s spicy mustard, French’s classic yellow mustard, and our house made beer cheese.
HUMMUS with CROSTINI 7
Oven roasted fresh garlic mixed with hummus topped with extra virgin olive oil and a dusting of zahtar. Served with baked crostini.
FIESTA BEAN DIP 7
Creamy refried beans mixed with tomatoes and cheese, topped with pickled jalapenos and sour cream. Served warm with white corn chips.
BEER CHEESE DIP 7
Cheddar cheese beer dip made in house using our very own HG Pale Ale. Served with warm white corn chips.
FLATBREAD MEZZE PLATE 7
Olive oil and herb flatbread, marinated cucumber and feta salad served with castelvetrano olives.
CHIPS & SALSA 6.50
A mild spicy salsa made in house with a blend of tomatoes, red onions, jalapenos, fresh cilantro, and lime juice. Served with crunchy white corn chips.
About the Historic Curtiss-Wright Hangar
The hangar, built in 1929 by the Curtiss-Wright Flying Service, was the first building at Owens Field, a municipal airport then 3 miles South of the city limits. Curtiss-Wright build and operated numerous airports across America for the next two decades, also offering flight training. The airport, named for Mayor Lawrence B. Owens (1869-1941), was dedicated in 1930 with an airshow seen by 15,000 spectators.
Regularly scheduled flights began in 1932, and civilian flight training becan in 1939. Observation flights of the U. S. Army Air Corps began in 1940, and military training by the U. S. Army Air Force continued through World War II and beyond. In 1962 the city transferred the airport to Richland County, which has owned and operated it since. The hangar was listed in the National Register of Historic Places in 1998.